In home decorating, it's perfectly acceptable to 'think outside the box.' We've compiled a list of Top 5 favorite ways to unexpectedly add bold color to your space and why they are so fresh.
1. The unexpected pop of lime green accents this space very well. This dining space is cheerful and light alongside the exposed brick. You can easily imagine enjoying many citrus-flavored meals in this gathering.
2. Where do I begin in this space? While this decorista kept to a flowing color palette, there are lots of color pops to notice here making it difficult to look away. What makes it unexpected you may ask? The unique use of window sills to display artwork and greenery. If you are fortunate to live in a home with windows ledges, these are a perfect opportunity to display accents in unexpected ways.
3. I will likely never tire of this simple pop of color drawn onto the walls in this space. I have seen several amazing renditions of geometric patterned accent walls, but the simplicity of lines is very eye-catching here. I can't decide if it looks like my child drew it on or it's an eccentric wallpaper. Either way ... love it!
4. Iridescent shower tiles. This photo needs no explanation, but if you have to have one: how can you not love this? It's gorgeous and surely trumps traditional shower stalls!
5. Forego a stair runner and paint your risers in desirable hues! Accent the foyer with a coordinating rug for bursts of color in the entry. This falls at number 5, but it certainly no less of a favorite!